TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2576] more questions...

> > And I also need some recomendations for a Xwindows email program.  Nothin'
> > fancy, but I'd like something a little more than pine.

This floated through the list awhile ago and I came down tentatively on
the side of 'mutt'.  Now (about three months later) I firmly suggest
mutt.  It's text based, and while it's not quite as pretty as some of
the X based ones.  Being able to telnet it and use it it well worth the
lack of a light gray background.

Mutt is so much more than pine it's amazing.  It's derrived from elm
with a lot of functionality added.  It's got good message threading,
quality multi mailbox support, great macros, a config file any
enlightenment user could be proud of, and IMAP, pgp, and gpg support.

http://www.mutt.org

--
Ry4an Brase - http://acm.cs.umn.edu/~ry4an - 612-623-9946
'If you're not a rebel when you're 20 you've got no heart; if