TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2562] learning perl and variables

All environment variables are available from the hash ENV in perl.
To access an environment variable use :
$ENV{LOGNAME}
or to get the Home directory use
$ENV{HOME}

and so on..

The O'Rielly Books on perl are quite nice.
Plus the perl man pages are quite good too.
--
sandipan