TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2499] Apache Install question

httpd -V shows you a list of apache configuration settings. Mine are like
this:

[root@groucho /root]# httpd -V
Server version: Apache/1.3.3 (Unix)
Server built:   Nov 29 1998 12:38:52
Server's Module Magic Number: 19980917:0
Server compiled with....
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D HAVE_SHMGET
 -D USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/httpd"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/etc/httpd/bin/suexec"
 -D SHARED_CORE_DIR="/etc/httpd/libexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_XFERLOG="logs/access_log"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"

You looking for HTTPD_ROOT.

(I just went through this installing PHP and realized I needed to use the
--compat argument as well, since the new version will add the word
"apache" onto the install directory if it's not already there.)

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.
anarchy@anarchysoftware.com

The opinions expressed are those of my employer, not my own.