TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2308] gtk+1.1.3

<< 'm trying to install gnome and am setting up all the prerequisites for it.
 Currently I'm trying to get gtk+1.1.3 to compile.  I have glib 1.1.4
 installed and autoconf 2.12 installed...  Everything goes great for about the

Did you install glib 1.1.4 from the  pre-built RPMS/binaries or did you
build/compile glib 1.1.4 ?
The installation of 1.1.4 after you built it (if that is how you have it) may
be incomplete and probably the libglib.a files that are being picked up are
earlier versions or those that had been installed some other time.

Go to the directory that holds the glib.a file in /usr/local/lib/ and see
where the libglib.a/libglib.so file actually points to. This maynot be
pointing to the 1.1.4 glib that you want it to.

Or if you picked up the glib prebuilt binaries they might have been
inconsistent or half baked and incompatible with the gtk+ 1.1.3.

HTH.
sandipan