TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2304] gtk-config

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Ben Luey wrote:

> I can't compile and gtk programs because they all require the file
> (program)  gtk-config, which I don't have. I have gtk+1.1.2-1
>  and gtk+10-1.0.6-1 installed via rpm, but nowhere on my hard drive
> is gtk-config. Does anyone know how I can get it so I can compile gtk
> programs? Thanks,

Okay, don't use someone else's; they are somewhat installation-specific.
If you compiled GTK, which you did, then you have gtk-config. Installing
GTK, however, doesn't necessarily put it in your PATH so that GTK programs
can see it when they compile. Do a 'locate gtk-config', and then copy it
to somewhere in your PATH (I like /usr/local/bin). The compilation of GTK
apps then goes much better. :)

If 'locate' gives you poop, run 'updatedb' as root first.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/