TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2273] Install Fest Apps: email, news, addressbook, word processor

Gordon Pedersen wrote:

> Does anyone have favorite programs for these apps:
>
>         addressbook (better for me if separate from a schedule)

vi creates a 100% portable ASCII text file.  Plus it's fast & easy to
search.

> Has anyone had good luck with either StarOffice and Applixware?  I
> really need just the word processor and spreadsheet for now.

I have an old copy of Applixware-4.2; will bring the cd with me to the
installfest Sat.
The word processor & spreadsheet are about the only 2 parts of it I ever
use.
--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Unix Systems Administrator