TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2273] Install Fest Apps: email, news, addressbook,word processor

Star Office 5.0 is pretty easy to install, but it crashes a lot. Once when
I was entering numbers into the spreadsheet. Another time it died and ate
up all my memory such that I couldn't run top or anything. (I think I
found it with px aux and killed it). I would recommend Word Perfect for
wordprocessing and NOT Star Office for anything. Anyone know about a good
spreadsheet that can open Excel'97 files?

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Power is given only to those who dare to lower themselves and pick it up.
 -- Raskolnikov in Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoevsky)