TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:2203] Unresolved Symbols After Compiling Kernel

Modules are stored in /lib/modules/<number of kernel>.  Sometimes the
directories here do not get entirely cleaned out, and you have modules lying
around for which your kernel has no way of calling.  These are the "unresolved
symbols".  Make a note of which modules are giving you that message, and delete
them.

AFAIK, that is the only way to get rid of that message.
-Chris