TCLUG Archive

ppp

hello,
    I'm in the process of setting up another linux box, and I can't seem to
get the modem to work.  Here's the problem:  originally I would dial and
activate pppd and it would kill itself with the error "serial line is looped
back."  I fixed this by adding spd_vhi in setserial.  Now, it connects, and
when pppd is activated it just kills itself saying "connection terminated."
Does anyone know why it's doing this?  Is this a problem with pppd or is my
ISP just disconnecting me?

thanks,
serge