TCLUG Archive

Wearable computers

Sometime around the 31th of November in 1998, a certain Tim Wilson said:

: I also witnessed the future of computer geekdom. The Ham radio geek set
: seems to be a little older on average than the garden variety computer
: geek. Many people were walking around with handheld radios and wearing
: headsets. They would occasionally begin talking into their microphones
: like a bunch of secret service agents. I can only imagine what will happen
: when wearable computers become available.

How about right now ? You can get them from ViA, the Flexible PC Company,
for as low as $2,600. Really neato toys, I payed them a visit (they're
located in my hometown).  I don't know whether or not they run Linux (I'd
love to try) but they offer them in Win95, WinNT, and Solaris, IIRC.  Not
too bad spec'd, for being wearable.

http://www.flexipc.com

.. I want one =)

--
| Josh Becker                   - aka -                     JellyD |