TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1990] GTK: undefined symbol

> > gicq: error in loading shared libraries
> > /usr/lib/libgnomeui.so.0: undefined symbol: GTK_TYPE_GDK_COLOR
>
> I had the same trouble, and finally just settled on using gtkicq
> instead...  Do you have any GNOME files on your computer?

I have gnome 0.30 installed, but because I installed it via rpm gtkicq
can't find the install scripts I used for gnome and won't install. It
seems that I need to install all of gnome with tar or rpm, but I can't mix
and match. I tried hacking the makefile for gtkicq, but there is some
information in an install script from gnome that is needed that I don't
have. (I did this a while ago) I can't find a gtkicq in rpm format.

Thanks,

Ben