TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:1906] Shell Script Question

	That sounds kinda likely, then.
	Important note here -- there should be *no* symbolic links in your /bin
directory.  The whole point of /bin (as opposed to /usr/bin) is to provide a
bare-bones set of utilities to work with your system if "mount" should fail
or if you were otherwise unable to access anything besides your root
directory.  Obviously, if /bin/sh is just a link to /usr/bin/sh, this
defeats the purpose.
	Also, regarding the LF vs CR/LF thing -- vi won't necessarily make this
obvious.  The version I run at home shows the file as normal-looking but has
"[dos format]" at the bottom of the screen.  I think "cat -A ./script"
should show the errant CRs.

--
Eric Hillman - UNIX Sysadmin
City & County Credit Union