TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1906] Shell Script Question

Eric Hillman wrote:

>         That could be it, alright.
>         The only other possibilities I can think of are:
>         - you don't have "sh" in your "bin" directory
>         - you don't have the script set executable ("chmod 755 ./script")
>         - WinZip formatted the script as a dos text file, meaning that you'll have
> to chop the extra CR/LFs off the end of each line before the script will
> work properly.
>
> --
> Eric Hillman - UNIX Sysadmin
> City & County Credit Union
> ehillman@cccu.com
> The opinions expressed in this message are my own.  You can't have them.

I looked and had a symbolic 'sh' in my /bin directory, I did chmod the script to be
executable, and if WinZip formated the script to a dos test file, when I bring it up
in vi, wouldn't I see symbols like ^M or similar indicating CR/LFs exists?

--
Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
All that is Microsoft does not glitter,

From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
Linux shall be king.