TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1889] Non-interactive Excel conversion script

 > Hey,
 >
 > Anyone know of a script (perl, bash, c, whatever) that will convert
 > a tab-deliniated file (or better yet tab-deliniated stdin) to an Excel
 > file?

You could try the "loala" set of tools. I am not sure if it lets you create
excel
documents but take a look and let us know.

http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~schwartz/pmh/index.html

And I had the file format specs for a very old version of excel that you could
use if you like. I do not remember where I had downloaded it from. It was a
long
time ago when there was no OLE with perl and we were trying to do something
like
you are. By the time we were thru OLE was available and I abandoned the work.

Since it is a long file I donot want to waste the bandwidth on the list. I
will send
it to your account only.

regards,
sandipan