TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1804] Reinstalling -- How should I partition?

I'm strange in that I don't like multiple partitions. If I weren't using
two separate physical disks, I'd have one single, big /. That's fine for a
workstation, which is how you are using your machine, I assume. Server
machines are totally different, of course.

With one giant partition, you never need to worry about any one partition
getting too small, and things are easier to deal with in general.

Hth. :)

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/