TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:1781] DNS server timing out

hrm.. wildcat.. oh.. sorry.. old BBS bias's :)

it sounds like you don't even have a proper named server running on your linux
server.. rebooting is almost never a solution to fixing problems with linux..
i'm betting the server is either mis-configured, or not running

"ps aux | grep named"

and paste the output from that to the mailing list

On 15-Oct-98 Jennifer McNitt wrote:
> I then changed my primary DNS host on the NT server to use my ISPs DNS
> instead of my own.  I did a nslookup on yahoo.com again and received a
> response right away.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)