TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1727] Install linux in Second Drive?

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Ahmed wrote:

> I like to install linux (Red  hat 5.01) in my computer for education
> purpose right now , I got a pentium installed with windows 98 (which I
> would like to keep it), and I got two hard drives (enough space for
> both), I was wandering whethet it is better to install linux in the
> second hard drive D?

Hi Ahmed,

Although it's certainly not a problem to have Win98 and Linux coexist on a
single HD, I think most people would say that's it's probably a little
easier if you have them on separate HDs. The Linux install program will
put LILO on your master HD to allow you to choose which OS to use during
boot time.

> I appreciate any advice & hints to make a successful installation. Thank
> you!

Welcome to the party! Have fun.

-Tim
(another rookie)

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your