TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1689] Netscape/Apache and .htm files

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 trammell@nitz.hep.umn.edu wrote:

> Is Netscape on your (ptui!) Win95 box set up properly?
>
> Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Netscape -> Applications.  What does
> it say under "Hypertext Markup Language"?  Mine recognizes '.htm'
> and '.html' as Hypertext; my guess is yours does not.

It is set to recognize the following as HTML:

HTML HTM SHTML HTX

And when it gets HTM files from my WinNT/IIS box it works. When it gets
them from my Linux/Apache box, nope.

I think this is the same problem Sandipan is having (using Netscape as a
client from Linux).

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.
anarchy@anarchysoftware.com

The opinions expressed are those of my employer, not my own.