TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1649] couple of ???

Well the cable modem is easy to explain, basicly the modem downloads from
the cable and uploads through a modem on a phone line, MediaOne is still
upgrading the infrastructure so right now I can only download on cable.  As
for the 56K modems I think that has to do with the fact that your upload is
starting with an analog line whereas the ISP has a digital line and can
take more bandwidth to start.

Jon