TCLUG Archive

Re: SCALUG Meeting, October 10, 10:30am, ECC 115 SCSU

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Toby LLoyd wrote:

> > >     I have a machine at home I would like to make into a single (ha) purpose
> > > Diald PPP dialing, IPMasq firewalling, Squid proxying gateway machine for my
> > > home network.
> >
> > I'd *love* to learn how to do this.
> >
> Me too.  Even though I've already got one, I have no idea how it works.
> :)  sure would be nice to know a little bit about it.  But I also agree
> with Bob, need to get the AOE through the linux firewall.  :)

Mark Schlough and I will put something together that documents ppp/diald
setup, ip masq setup, some firewalling, and squid setup.  As an add-on, we
could talk about other evil/rogue applications like AOE that needs special
setup to work through IP Masq.

Mark and I will then demonstrate some of the things on my laptop.
Possibly hooking up to the SCSU network and actually doing some proxing.

So, I guess this will be the official topic for Saturday.

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com