TCLUG Archive

Netscape Communicator troubles...

Well, for those of you that have broken timezone support in Netscape (I
know there are a few on the list.  You can tell by looking at the
headers of posted messages -- If the timezone is +0000, the browser is
screwy..)

Anyway, it looks like a simple solution (although it took me forever to
come across...)  merely do 'ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo
/usr/lib/zoneinfo'  This is basically a problem for RH5.0 and possibly
also RH5.1 systems...

Now, for a question -- Does anyone else have problems with Communicator
and Java?  My browser always crashes with a Bus Error when I try to
start a Java applet..  The last version that I know worked was 4.04..
4.05 might have worked, I can't remember very well..  4.06 and 4.07
definitely don't work correctly.

Well, just asking I guess.. I'd hate to be the only person with the
problem..

Mike Hicks