TCLUG Archive

Modem/Soundcard Problems

I just picked up an internal USR 56K modem. I tossed it in and got it
working using isapnp. Now my Ensoniq AudioPCI soundcard doesn't work. I
don't have any experience troubleshooting hardware problems in linux (I've
never had anything go wrong since I've been using it), so I'm kinda stuck.

So far I've tried using the different configurations given to me by
pnpdump and isapnp and I've disabled the 'pnp os' option in my bios. I
don't know what other things to try.

Can anybody help me out, or at least get me going in the right direction?