TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1567] X dies with Ctrl-Alt-F2

Ben Luey wrote:

> Sometimes I like to get out of X with Ctrl-Alt-FX, but when I return to X
> (alt-F7) I don't have my mouse (ps/2 connection on atx motherboard) and in
> a few seconds X dies saying that it couldn't use the mouse. This happens
> everytime I leave X. Is there a way to get my mouse back and not loose X?

don't run gpm when you boot up.  when you switch to text mode, gpm has
control of the mouse. if you're using the mouse (even if you bump it)
when switching back to X, X will die.

see /etc/rc.d/init.d/gpm  (under RH)

--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Key fingerprint = 82 20 A8 4E 46 82 CE D4  F6 77 58 59 46 92 28 26