TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1334] Sibley LAN success

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Square Avenue wrote:

> You could have a "rebuild" directory, that holds only the stuff you want
> to have in /home/student.  When that person logs out, have the script go
> though, delete whatever's in that home directory, and copy what's in the
> "rebuild" directory into the /home/student dir, thus making it start over
> with a clean slate.

In my situation I could have 20 people logged in as 'student'
simultaneously. I think that fact may rule out this particular approach.
I am hoping to be able to make an image of my client hard disks on the
server. All of the disks are basically identical so that would allow me to
quickly recreate the client machine in the event of an accident.

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your