TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:1327] Novell -> Linux

We use it to serve our web pages off the linux server.

You could use Caldera's netware software which talks Netware 4.0
but we use the netware client/server support that comes with RedHat for
free which can understand Netware3.0.

The client package is called "ncpfs" and the server is mars_nwe, you can get
all the information on how to set it up from the IPX HOWTO on the RedHat
documentation.

To use it just configure your ipx  client use:

ipx_configure --auto_interface=on --auto_primary=on

Then  you can use the slist command to give you a list of servers.
Use the "ncpmount" command to mount Netware drives onto the linux client.

To make the linux machine behave as a netware server you can use the
mars_nwe package that comes bundled with RedHat.

Setup the /etc/nwserv.conf it contains comments for each directive
stuff like security, netware versioning and server names etc..

Start the netware server using the "nwserv" com program.

I hope this is what you are looking for.