TCLUG Archive

Request for help from Duluth LUG (mailing list)

Well this is probably the first time you've heard of the Duluth LUG (we're
just starting up actually), but I need some help in finding some
information about setting up a mailing list I can use for the LUG up here.

I purchased a mailing list through UMD up here but didn't realize at the
time that they had put restrictions on the domain that can post and recieve
messages from the list (the lists up here are restricted to UMD students or
anybody whose mail addresses end in @d.umn.edu).  Since I wished to open
the LUG (and hence the mailing list) to all interested Duluthians, not just
UMD students and staff, the mailing list has proved to be too restrictive
for the purposes of the LUG.

Does anybody know where I can get a mailing list like that set up?  Since
I've alraedy been burned once by paying out of my own pocket for a broken
mailing list, a free service would be nice, but if that proves to be
impossible (or ungainly because of the GeoCities effect :), I will pay $$$.

Thanks!