TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:909] Printing problem

Hans Umhoefer wrote:

> Would it be possible to set up a different printer entry in your
> /etc/printcap to handle text? So the command to print text would be
> thus for postscript
>
> lpr -P dj file.ps
>
> and for raw data
>
> lpr -P txt other_file
>
> You could possibly do something similar if you have a working text filter.

I figured out my postscript problem; I needed sleep!  I had setup 2
print filters, one for text, other for postscript, but forgot to do "lpr
-P postscript_printer filename"  which of course just prints text.  :P

As for getting redhat to print that 1st line of every page, I've had no
success.  Nothing beats editing a file by hand.  I now have a working
printer for both text & postscript.  I think if it weren't for RPM, I
might go back to slackware.
--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Key fingerprint = 82 20 A8 4E 46 82 CE D4  F6 77 58 59 46 92 28 26