TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:892] LaserWriter II on a PC?

I got an old apple laser printer to work on a PC using the 25 pin serial
port. I didn't have the manual, but there were 6 dip switches. I changed
them systamatically and after each change printered and test page until the
test page said it was using the serial port (not SCSI or appletalk circular
adapter) and emulating the hp laserjet plus. It worked, but the serial port
was pretty slow.

Good luck,

Ben