TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:873] kernel compile problem

Sometime around the 10th of August in 1998, a certain Tim Wilson said:

> I *did* include PPP support and not as a module. I know that VFAT was
> compiled in too, athough I can't remember if it was a module or not.
>
> The kernel boots fine, but reports in the boot messages that VFAT is not
> supported in the kernel. I try typing /usr/sbin/ppp-go to connect to the
> U. and it also causes a report that PPP is not supported by the kernel.

I don't know what kernel RH5.1 contains, but I believe it's 2.0.34+, and
if you compile a 2.0.34+ with vfat support, you must remember to include
the NLS codepages 437 and 850. I'd also include ISO8859-1 as well.

I've never had problems with my ppp support, so I can't help you there.

--
| Josh Becker                   - aka -                     JellyD |