TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:837] Lost network card

Redhat 5.1 did the same thing to me when I recompiled the kernel. It is a bug.
Download all the patches (particularly the new kernel and initscripts, rpm and
glint). and do rpm -Uvh *. Then recompile (while your at is make a backup
kernel with no modules -- this is really nice if something happens to your
module directory and all networking task are in modules).

patches are at  ftp.somemirror/redhatdirectory/redhat-5.1/updates/i386/

(the ftp.redhat.com is very slow!)

Hope this helps,

Ben