TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:830] Setting IRQs

Perry J. Hoekstra wrote:

> How do you assign an IRQ to a device on a permanent basis.  I need to
> assign an irq to my modem upon startup.  I read an instruction somewhere
> to place an entry in the serial file found in rc.d directory.  There is
> no such file in that directory.  Do I create a file called serial in
> rc.d with an entry: setserial /dev/modem irq 5?

Hey Perry,

The file you want to edit it /etc/rc.d/rc.serial

I'm going to try to send mine as an attachment. This is a good
experiment. I've never tried it with Linux before.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson		 |  Powered by Linux  |      Check out:
Henry Sibley High School |                    | http://www.redhat.org