TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:807] A Mail List Suggestion

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Neal Tovsen wrote:

[ snip plain text is not as expressive ]

Of course you're right about that (not that I was taught that in my
linguistics classes; I had to do a little self-education don't you know).
Also, hypertext is better for other reasons that just the RTF-like
goodness -- links, downloads, et c. can be more easily done.

And yeah, mail programs should implement HTML now. Plenty already have.
But it's no surprise that you can't count on MS krap to do things right.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/