TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:813] ADSL service

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Bertsch <eab@msi.umn.edu>
To: tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com <tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com>
Date: Thursday, August 06, 1998 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:813] ADSL service

>> Does anyone know of any other reliable providers in the area that are =
>> Linux friendly that will offer ADSL with a static IP for less? Or even a
=
>> comparable price? (I REALLY dislike the phone company!)
>
>try talking to http://www.visi.com

    I'd also reccomend gofast.net.  They handled our hookup here at work,
and in some areas (mostly near downtown St. Paul), they're able to wire up
ADSL *without* going through USWest.  So far as I know, all other companies
need to handle ADSL wiring through USW, although static IP fees may differ
from ISP to ISP.