TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:798] My strange mail behavior

Sometime around the 4th of August in 1998, someone called Tim Wilson said:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using pine to send this message. I'm wondering why, when I look at the
> list of messages in my mailbox, do the messages I send have "to: TCLUG" or
> whatever in the space where it should display who the message is from.
> I've looked through all of the config options, but I don't see anything
> that seems to relate to my problem. Does anyone know what's going on? Am I
> the only one who sees this problem?

Two things:

1) Your messages appear like everybody else's in my pine mailbox
2) The same thing that's happening to your messages (on your pine) happens
to my messages; it displays the to: line in place of the sender in that
column, if it happens to be sent by me.

I don't know why.

I don't feel particularly compelled to fix this 'feature' anytime soon,
either. It's just a slight irritation, at the moment.

--
| Josh Becker                   - aka -                     JellyD |