TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:751] Problem running scripts - Need Advice

Quoting Eric Hillman (ehillman@cccu.com):

>     Opinions differ on the wisdom of including "." in your path -- at the
> very least, you should never include it in the root user's path, as you may
> wreak any amount of unintentional havoc should you accidentally run the
> wrong program.  For ordinary users, it's probably OK, but there are those
> who believe that you should just get in the habit of typing "./program_name"
> instead.

   Yes, a small but very important fact that I left out.  root should NEVER
have "." in its path.

j.heil
--
Joseph A. Heil, Jr.

email:               heilja@dbsource.com
Home Office voice:   612-445-5180
Key fingerprint = 95 FC 3A F4 8A 10 05 85  3F 53 01 86 AD DB DB 51