TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:509] Equus computers

    Yes, I have one. An AMD 5x86-133. I've had it for a few years with
only mild difficulties (floppy disk controller on motherboard is
flakey, but works). They aren't bad, and the prices seem(ed) good, but
I usually use 168 club (www.168club.com). How do their prices compare
as far as parts go?
    I haven't had a good reason to bother them with service oriented
stuff, but when I asked they seemed pretty responsive to my controller
issue, but as it has remained an infrequent annoyance, I haven't
persued it.
    Sorry I don't have more info, but feel free to ask,

Troy Johnson
john1536@tc.umn.edu

>>> Tim Wilson <wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu> 07/02 9:33 PM >>>
Greetings:

Does anyone have any experience with Equus Computer Systems'
machines?
There are a few of them in the chemistry dept. here at the U., but I
wonder if anyone has direct experience with them. I may get my parts
from them for the computer lab at Sibley.

(BTW, I'm at the U. this summer trying to finish my M.S. in
chemistry.
Any TCLUG'ers who would like to get together for lunch, just let me
know.)

Later,
Tim

--
Timothy Wilson		    | Powered by Linux |      Check out:
Henry Sibley High School    |                  |

West St. Paul, MN  USA	    |  The choice of   | http://www.linux.org

wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu | a GNU generation | http://www.gnu.org