From:  Carlos Sabo
Sent:  Tuesday, June 30, 1998 10:18 PM
To:  tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com; Brad DeJong
Subject:  [TCLUG:480] kernel compile problem on RH 5.0

Hello, I'm having trouble compiling the kernel on my fresh, stock RH 5.0
machine. (Version 5.0 comes with kernel 2.0.32.)  When I type 'make boot'
it chokes upon compiling the file ./drivers/block/md.c ...It says:

	cpp: output pipe has been closed
	gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
	make[3]: *** [md.o] Error 1

...and then 4-7 more lines of errors.

What's going on and what is cc1?

I'd bet I wouldn't be having this problem if I weren't using version 5.0.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Carlos