TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:361] Re: Fwd: [TCLUG:352] Promoting Linux to businesses

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Beltran <beltran@skypoint.com>
To: TCLUG <tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com>
Date: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:361] Re: Fwd: [TCLUG:352] Promoting Linux to businesses

>We also always come down to what applications run in the
>Linux environment.  When talking to my brother, an attorney
>in Los Angeles, about his PC troubles which largely result
>from his use of Win95, I bring up Linux as a possible
>alternative.  This immediately dies into silence because,
>like a broken record, we go over the same ground.  Where
>are the applications he needs to run for his law practice

There are real business applications available. We have business solutions
that run on Linux, from AR to Inventory Control and Bill of Materials...
And are putting the final touches on our professional billings module.

>I would love to see Linux as the solution to my brother's
>probelms

Have him look us up at http://www.donnalgroup.com

I can't help you out with your musical interests. But in my past life I was
a musician (guitar) and in fact my interest in computers came from a musical
composition I had heard which was written during the mid 1960s and performed
on a computer. The title is "Times Encorium" (not sure about the spelling).
This musical piece won a Pulitzer prize. I do hope that sometime I can get
into music via the computer. As for now it's just practical applications.

Tim Burke   mailto:timburke@donnalgroup.com
Donnal Group Inc.  URL http://www.donnalgroup.com
Phone 612-474-7785
Fax 612-474-7793