TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:293] Programming under Linux

Ben Kochie wrote:

> i love the traffic on this list.. it generates lots of ideas, keeps the
> LUG flowing.. instead of just a stop/start once a month thing.. more of a
> community. for those who don't want to see all the misc messages.. why not
> make a TCLUG-announce list for just meeting specfic stuff.. like dates, or
> time changes.. and that kind of thing.. the main list should be open
> topic..

I agree with Ben & Clay, the traffic is good.  I think the list needs to
stay generic & open.  I like the bit about Linux/toasters; I like to
keep up with things people find uses for Linux.

I also feel if we start creating other mailing lists it will fast become
a headache for whoever maintains all this (Bob?)  We don't want tclug's
mailing list into splintering a bunch of categories.  As far as a
"generic" list for meeting announcements, etc -- that's what the web
page is for, and it _is_ being used for that purpose.

For those who want less email, there's always the digest.

--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Key fingerprint = 82 20 A8 4E 46 82 CE D4  F6 77 58 59 46 92 28 26