TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:269] EARLY release of Redhat

> > On a related note, Infoworld's 5/25 issue has a nice review of Red
> Hat
> > 5.1.  Features that they mention include a choice from 7 languages
> for
> > the install, DHCP network install option (autodetects IP address,
> ... if
> > your network has a DHCP server), Disk Druid works more smoothly, and
> > graphics card auto-detect is improved.
>
> Yea, but is it better than 4.2?  I avoided 5.0 because it was basicly
> nothing but problems compared to the stability of the previous 4.2
> version.

	Nice to know that I was not the only one bypassing RH5.0.
	4.2 seems so stable that I'll need to have a really good reason
to update it.
	glibc business in RH5.x is another thing that bothers me since
most of the applications are still libc based. Ok, ok, glibc is catching
up but no there yet, right !

	Nishi