TCLUG Archive

MS Word file conversion

Hi,

I was mistaken, apparently MS has recently released the specifications
for all their file formats including Word 8. I found a little FAQ that
describes all the available Word converters:

   ftp://shell3.ba.best.com/pub/rmlynch/Misc_Stuff/catdoc.READ1st

Mswordview seems to be the only one that's based on the spec; the
three others are based on reverse engineering. The mswordview page
also has information about how to get the MS format specs. Mswordview
produces HTML which can then be converted to postscript or plain text
or tex using separate utilities.

Axel

--
 Axel Boldt  **  axel@uni-paderborn.de  **  math-www.uni-paderborn.de/~axel/