TCLUG Archive

if (m_Windows95 + gpl_Crashing) { userBase++; } // ?

I'm highly curious to know why the Microsoft userbase is so tolerant of
crashing applications. It's almost an enigma. For example, this ran on
CNET today, and I'm willing to bet that a lot of Windows95 users visited
the site today, just for this article.

----8<----
1. CRASH NO MORE: FIVE CRASH PROTECTION UTILITIES REVIEWED

"Illegal operation"--do these words strike fear into your heart?
Are you terrified of losing that term paper, presentation, or
cover letter? Crash protectors can catch failing programs before
they hit the ground, then drag them back to life. At the very
least, they'll let you hit the Save command before your entire
system tumbles:

  http://www.cnet.com/Content/Reviews/Compare/Crash/?dd

It boggles the mind. This could be a valid point in the swich-to-Linux
topic, IMHO.

Dunno, just came to mind. Maybe I need more caffeine, or sleep.

Or both.

-JoshB [JellyD] [joshb@techie.com]
[UIN:197861] [IRC:DALNet:#!safehaven]