TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:101] install / reinstall ...

A couple ideas here...
	First, if you have that rpm file on your Win95 partition, you need
to mount that somewhere first.  Assuming that Win95 is on /dev/hda1, a
good command to use would be:
	mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/tmp
Of course, the directory /mnt/tmp must exist.  (If your '95 partition is
somewhere else, substitute the correct /dev entry. hda=1st IDE disk, the
number is the partition number.)  If successful, you will then be able to
go to /mnt/tmp (or wherever you mounted it) and read and write to your '95
partition.
	Now that you can read the rpm, you must compile it.  I'm not an
RPM guru, but I believe that the command to build a binary rpm out of it
is rpm -bb file.rpm.  After it finishes, the binary rpm should be
somewhere in /usr/rpm or /etc/rpm.  (I'm not on my box now, or I'd check.)
There are probably others who know more about this than I do, but this
should be enough to get you started.

	Good Luck,
	David

--
dcarter@winternet.com ** dcarter@millennial.ml.org
PGP Key IDs ==> BD609CFD ** F3F740B5 ** CB802225 <== (2048 bits)