TCLUG Archive

kickstart

Working with kickstart on RedHat 5.0, here is the ks.cfg file.

cdrom
device scsi aha1542
device ethernet ne --opts "io=0x300"
keyboard us
zerombr yes
clearpart --all
part / --size 128 --grow
part swap --size 32
install
#mouse ps/2
timezone --utc US/Central
#xconfig --server "Mach64" --monitor "tatung cm14uhe"
rootpw root
#lilo --append "mem=128M" --location mbr
%packages
@ DNS Name Server

I am trying to make a kickstart for a simple DNS server. Problem is
that the kickstart does not detect the ethernet card, so I end up do
lots of manual configuration. One of the problem is that a whole bunch
of files are not installed/created when you do a kickstart.

None of the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts related to eth0 are
created. Anyone know how these files are created when you do an
interactive installation?

% rpm -qf /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 is not owned by any package

So, a package is not install this file, it must be created somehow.

Any ideas?

My ultimate goal is to create a section of the tclug web site for just
kickstart files. So, if you want for instance, a web server you would
grab the webserver.cfg and like magic linux installs itself and you
have a web server.

I think making linux as easy to install as possible will help move
linux into the corporate setting. Also, making installations as fast
as possible really is a win for people like me (ISPs) when it comes to
disaster recovery, web server dies, grab the webserver.cfg, restore
from tape and you are back and running.....

Anyway I ramble.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700