TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:45] Volume Management?

Bob Tanner wrote:

> I was reading through some of the SCSI source code for kernel 2.0.32
> and I saw comments in the code about volume management.
>
> Does linux now support the ability to mount multiple partition as 1
> huge logical drive, kind of like Solstice's Online Disksuite for
> Solaris?

The "md" kernel driver (multiple device) allows you to combine several
physical disks into one logical disk (RAID0).  I haven't used it but
there's a good article on it in this months Linux Journal (May 98, issue
49, p. 58).

--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Key fingerprint = 82 20 A8 4E 46 82 CE D4  F6 77 58 59 46 92 28 26