TCLUG Archive

RE: [TCLUG:23171] netscape java problems?

I've been using the nightly builds of Mozilla for the last 2 weeks.  It's
WAY better than netscape 4.7.  If you decide to try it, make sure you grab a
nightly build.  The last milestone release sucks, they've really been making
fast progress lately.

The autoinstaller will put it in /usr/local/mozilla/.  It writes all of it's
info to /usr/local/mozilla/ when it runs right now.  You'll have to make
that directory writable by everyone, or chown -R it for the user/group you
are running it as.  I don't suggest running it as root.  After you get it
working, go under the debug menu, and select the install SSL option or
something like that.  The install is all automatic.  SSL doesn't ship with
it.

People keep saying how mozilla sucks, they must be grabbing the milestones.
I'm running the nightly build from 10/21 and it's working excellent.  I ran
M17 and it sucked, it put files all over the place too instead of just in
/usr/local/mozilla/.   ftp.mozilla.org, you'll have to do some poking around
to find the linux version, they keep putting it in a different directory.
Try it, it's much better than Netscape.

Jay