TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:23102] Car mp3 player

> It doesn't come with a drive, but even if you have to buy a drive, it's
> still half the price of that other player someone pointed out.  Anyone on
> the list ever used one of these NEO's?

Did you happen to also take a look at the MP3 wristwatch?  It's only got
32 MB on board but I'd take it any day over a Rio or a Nomad :-)

Question for anyone doing car MP3 stuff.  I was/am still kinda working on
a project to build a car MP3 player.  I have enough excess Pentium-class
stuff laying around that I could easily build a small PC inside my car.
My question that's been bugging me through all of this is how do I keep
the hard drive from freezing?  It's not exactly warm in the winter here
and seeing as how the harsh MN winter claimed my car's CD-ROM drive a
couple years ago (like losing my best friend, it was...) the thought of
freezing a 30 GB hard drive doesn't appeal to me.