TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:23056] m68k Linux floppy no-boot

This is what I can't quite figure out...

"Ben Kochie"  wrote:
>that's new.. last time i tried it, you had to do the macos boot loader
>thing.  booting directly to linux/bsd didn't work

Our experience(s) are the same here..

AFAIK it _doesn't_ work, at least not directly from a hard disk, and
reading the Install README notes, they confirm the need for a MacOS
partition - I am planning on the standard tiny MacOS partition, just
large enough to hold a startup OS and the Linux or BSD bootloader.

But yet, the "rescue" floppy contains 1) a kernel and 2) a bootloader
and is paired with a "root" disk. This really implies a bootable disk
set.. I guess I have some further investigation to do, or maybe just
another mailing list to subscribe :|

Viking Electronics, Inc.
1531 Industrial St.
Hudson, WI 54016