TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:22015] Dead Mouse

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 12:51:31PM -0700, jack@jacku.com wrote:
> One situation I used to run into with older versions of Slack was if
> gsm was running for console mouse support it screwed up the mouse in
> X. From a console prompt issue:
>
> ps ax | grep gsm
>
> If you see a gsm running, kill the process and see if your mouse
> comes back.

Are you referring to General Purpose Mouse (gpm)?  Or, perhaps gsm
became gpm?  Currently, the program I believe you are referring to is
indeed gpm, and you are correct; there are conflict problems between
gpm and X.  You can defer mouse control entirely to gpm and then
repeat the data through the /dev/gpmdata device for X.  Read into the
gpm documentation for more details

--
  Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>
              http://wookimus.net/chewie