TCLUG Archive

Questions about RH7

Hey there,
My first question to y'all. After installing RH7 on a fresh harddrive, my Xwindows will not start using Gnome as the desktop manager(i am
assuming that RH kept Sawmill as the default window manager). It starts Xwindows(gives the ugly black and white screen with 'X' mouse
pointer) then dumps back to console with a CORE file(unfortunatly i have no idea what to do with it). However, if i use WindowMaker as
the windowmanager, and no Gnome/Sawmill, Xwindows runs perfectly. I did try to goto HelixCode.com and get that version of Gnome, no
go, got error about unsupported OS.
I am attaching my install.log, as there are numerous errors in there. I did the RH7 install from a ftp install(i have multiple linux boxes at
home...).
Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Chilly
http://arcticzone.dhs.org
http://www.clanlostboys.com

PS: anyone going to multimayhem 6 this weekend????
http://www.multimayhem.com

install.log